Heather's San Francisco Birth Doula Services
Thanks for visiting and considering a doula to support you through this empowering and rewarding time. As a birth doula, my goal is to assist you and your family through the remarkable journey of labor and birth by offering ongoing emotional and physical support, providing useful information, explaining birth plan needs and desires that require advocacy, and suggesting labor techniques proven to reduce pain, fears, and medical interventions. My education and inspiration come from the Heart and Hands midwifery intensive with Elizabeth Davis, Rachel Yellin's hypnocentered childbirth training, Gena Kirby's rebozo training, my amazing doula mentors, nursing pre-requisites, 8 years of teaching experience, and mamas like you. I've served women in all five SF hospitals (St. Lukes, CPMC, Kaiser, SFGH, and UCSF).
Other options are available to those with financial limitations. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for further details.
Birth doula services include:
1) A free consultation. We’ll meet over tea, get to know each other, and explore how I can meet your birthing needs.
2) 2 pre-natal visits so we can get to know each other, organize your desires for your birth and create a birth plan. I also love to see my clients on a regular basis and encourage them to attend the pre-natal classes I assist and teach.
3) I will be on call 24 hours a day 2 weeks prior to & after your estimated due date.
4) Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy
5) Care throughout active labor:
- Physical: massage, counterpressure, heat/cold, aromatherapy, TENS, rebozo, position recommendations that may contribute to a more active, shorter, and easier labor
- Emotional: relaxation techniques, verbal support, positive affirmations
- Family: I will ensure that your partner is nourished and rested. I will also show them tools and resources so they can skillfully assist you during labor.
6) Continuous labor support at your home and/or at the hospital until 1-2 hours after the birth.
7) Photographs of your birth experience if desired. When I am not needed in other ways, I’m happy to take photos or home videos before, during, and/or after the birth.
8) After birth visit (to see how you and your baby are doing, talk through your birth experience, and provide information and referrals if necessary)
To discuss doula services or setup an appointment please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 415.830.7501.